Finally i have made a decision to do this experiment generating more Bitcoins by buying shitcoins . About which i was talking on my video on YouTube in march 2019. So basically my plan was to buy some alt-coins with Bitcoin and in that way generate more Bitcoins. I have made this decision because most of the alt-coins has reached lowest points against BTC in my opinion. And proving by history they usually bounce of it. Another big reason is that Bitcoin halving is due in May 2020. This could spike up Bitcoin price and alt-coins could possible dragged with it. I cannot guarantee i will succeed but i will do an update every month or quarter on YouTube channel how am im doing with this chosen portfolio. I have a good feeling i will succeed, as i am not Bitcoin maximal and shit-coin minimalist. I am quite good at recognizing innovation. Few of my purchased coins potentially could do much better then Bitcoin price in nearest future.
So the plan is to spend 2 BTC and buy 10 alt-coins. 0.2 Bitcoin each alt-coin. I am using binance to purchase these coins and i will add them in my portfolio tracker https://www.cryptocompare.com/portfolio/ . This place is very nice where to track your crypto portfolio from desktop. I do believe 99% alt-coins are scam and will fail in future, but there also will be some who will survive. The reason i think im going to succeed is not only that these projects are useful. But i only need 1 alt-coin to do 10x in bull market against btc and the rest can fail to brake even.
My top 10 alt-coins purchased and the reasons behind it :
- Ethereum – By dapp platform stats Ethereum is winning every other gen2-gen3 blockchains which are Tron,Eos etc in every aspect. Built Dapps, new users,existing users,volume and so on. Users and developers are the main key for s block-chain project to succeed. Ethereum has issues yes, there is not much room to grow. But there is constant development going on to increase platforms usability. Another thing is DeFi (decentralized finance) which got very popular in 2019 . Which basically brings banking to block-chain. This new turn on Ethereum is gaining momentum and growing every day. This will be huge in my opinion in 2020.
- Chainlink – Chainlink is something unique. Currently Block-chains smart contracts cannot record data on them from outside world, they can do only on chain data. Which is timestamps,block numbers, transaction value. On their own they cannot listen to outside world which is called of chain data. But Chainlink fixes this issue, feeding this information trough decentralized oracles to smart contracts. It really made this utility token very popular in 2019, because of their massive partnership with google cloud. And on top of that they already have working product and it is been used by numerous crypto projects. It currently is looking the biggest contender to fix this issue what block chains has.
- Basic attention token ( BAT) – is solving Advertisers and Content creators as myself problem ,what we have currently. For example Google collects about 40-50% add revenue from YouTube adds. Basic attention token ( BAT) solves this issue with their Brave browser. Brave browser allows you to tip your favorite content creators and block companies which collects your privacy data. So how does it work , Advertiser purchases advertisement with BAT tokens which goes to users and content creators. You actually are getting paid to watch adds. So it disables the middle man like google in this case who is taking 50% cut. Technically if Brave browser platform grows, price should increase.
- Monero – Monero is a privacy coin. I do believe that privacy coins will be very demanded in future. As block-chains are getting bigger and bigger adoption, eventually governments will crack down on them. And will develop software which will allow them to trace and get user privacy data. This could happen already this year, as recent statements from EU leaders are they need more regulation on Crypto and block-chain. Monero is one of the oldest privacy coin out there. And these events around possibly could spike up Monero price. I don’t want to hype it to much, but privacy was one of the main feature why Bitcoin was invented.
- Neo – neo is 3rd generation blockchain similar as Ethereum. Neo comes out of China, which is one of the main reasons why im choosing this smart contract platform. Recent statement from Chinese president Xi Jinping that they have to adopt block-chain technology in their country. This statement made me very bullish on NEO. 3rd generation block-chain platforms really will kick of in 2020, just because the possibilities can be developed on them. I don’t really think yet we have figured out what can be deployed on these platforms. We can see that as time goes by, new things are been figured out like DeFi, games, fundraising and many more. Also the price on NEO has drooped about 20x since all time high. And recent volume has been growing on NEO platform. So fingers cross, Neo going to bring us honey.
- Cosmos (ATOM)
- IOTA (MIOTA)
- Synthetix (SNX)
- Tezos (XTZ)
- Cardano (ADA)
I have gone trough these projects social media channels and looked how active is the community. GitHub, is there any active development on their platform. Also is there any fundamentals and working product behind it. These are the main reasons i have picked these coins for my challenge. This is not any financial advice, i’m just looking to do a challenge/research. Is this a way to increase bitcoin in bull market by buying alt-coins. I’m playing this safe and choosing the coins from top 50 in coin-market cup. Because i do believe if coin is valuable it should at-least have some value in bear market.